Friday, June 6, 2014

Melville Neuhiem to Story Spring

Started hiking at 6am to cover 17 miles today. Rolled into camp at 3:40 after stopping twice for lunch and second lunch. The miles came easy. Sore but smiling. I'm in Story Spring shelter for the night. The plan for tomorrow is a big 20 over Stratton mountain. Deuce has kept up the same mileage as me which is nice at night having someone to talk to. Another guy, Dan,hiked in really late last night and kept pace with us today so we are 3 deep in the shelter. Expecting 1 more, Dooner from VT. He's out here for the Long Trail as well. Speaking of Dooner, he just rolled in. I imagine I'll be in bed asleep in the next hour and it's only 6:15. I've passed several spots today that I remember from 2010 it's funny to be out here's again thinking about all the people I met in 2010. I feel blessed. 
Hike For The Fallen 2014 

-Fresh 

No comments:

Post a Comment