Thursday, June 19, 2014

6/18-6/19

Rain came late in the night and didn't stop til after I had already pushed the 7 miles I had planned for the day. The trail in this final 50 miles might as well be a creek. I was soaked to the bone and my boots were sopping. The care taker at Hazen's Notch had been kind enough to leave a large wood pile inside the cabin and I was able to get a raging fire going and dry all of my stuff out. The Boy Scouts managed to catch me again due to my short miles. This time however they came prepared, fresh from a resupply with brats! And plenty to share. I ate really well last night. Sleep came easy and I was able to get out really early today pushing 9 miles up and over Jay Peak which provided some excellent panoramic views, from Mt Washington, to Mansfield,and even lake Champlain. The miles seemed to really tick by and I was here at Laura Woodard shelter by around noon. It's hard to believe I will be finished with my hike tomorrow morning. I got one last fire going, and I plan to eat really well tonight, whatever's left in the food bag is getting eaten. Light and fast to the border. I've been carrying a bomber bottle of Switchback Ale for a couple days now (thanks to the scout leader) which I am looking very forward to cracking open in Canada. Tomorrow's the day, Fresh is makin a run for the border. 

-Fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment