Friday, June 13, 2014

6/7/14

Yesterday was a great day. After leaving the warming hut on Killington, pushing over Pico, and down Sheerburn Pass I made it to the Inn at the Long Trail for my resupply box and my first night off trail.What a great night. Guinness stew and Long Trail Ale followed by live Irish music by a band from Montreal called Kitchen Party. It was a great night. After a hearty breakfast I headed out and pushed here to David Logan shelter for the night. I passed by the Maine Junction today, which is where the AT breaks east towards New Hampshire and the Long Trail continues north towards Canada. Every step from there forward is new terrain, a new adventure, and new scenery and shelters I've never experienced. Its semi overwhelming. The loneliness at night is something I'm not excited about. Everyday is a learning experience and a journey I am still very much excited and humbled by the whole experience. Tomorrow is another 14 mile day pushing towards the Camel Hump, my first above alpine mountain, that is about 2 days out. I feel like I have more I wanted to talk about but I'm tired. Tomorrow is a new day. Onward and upward. 

-Fresh 

No comments:

Post a Comment