Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 1 May 30th 2014

Moving light and moving fast. After staying a night in Newton,nj seeng old friends, Jim and I drove to Williamstown which put me on trail about 1pm. Nothing, no matter how meticulously planned, works exactly the way you'd like it to out here. 6 miles in I got caught by a nasty rain storm. I ducked into Seth Warren shelter, 7 miles shy of my destination,to see how things played out. Mentally I'm not ready to pull miles in the rain on day 1. Period. So here I sit, the rain has passed but I've already eaten dinner(freeze dried tortelini),gotten water and set out my bag for the night. Tomorrow will be a big  day so I'm not concerned. There's a northbound section hiker in here tonight his trail name is Deuce, haven't gotten a story behind it yet, but he's from Maryland. Oh the people you meet. After reading the log book it seems there are a couple other LT hikers just in front of me, hopefully with a few big days I can catch them. My pace is good and my pack feels great so the weather is all I've got to worry about. I find it funny and Kindof sad that I have 3G service out here but it's good to be able to update like this. Morning comes early hoping to put down 15 tomorrow to make up for lost time today. Feel free to post your questions and comments. I'll update as I can.

-Fresh






1 comment:

  1. Twas a long ride home from Williamstown sir. Smiles not miles.

    ReplyDelete